|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
Petition Tag - ross
I have started an Petition to give Joan, Toni, Maya, and Lynn their just due! When the show ended on UPN, the fans we devastated on the unfinished end. The fans never got a fair ending on BET to a show that changed the lives of many African American females.
Hopefully together we can get word out there, that we need closure! I call you all "GFriends" because of course we do have "Girls" who love and supported this show; but, we also have "Guys" who love it also! So, continue to spread the word by getting more people to "Like" this page! Our goal is 1,000,000 petitioners!
Luv ya'll muah;*
This is a Petition to be sent to channel 4 and e4 to stop them from getting rid of the brilliant Sitcom Friends.
Ross Kemp deserves a Knighthood for his hard hitting journalism from the frontlines in Afghanistan. OBE's, MBE's and the such are handed out willy nilly to every tom, dick and harry for random pointless tasks.
Footballers and lollypop ladies receive CBE's for nothing. Ross and his brave team bring the true horror of war to our TV screens and thus deserves our nations highest honour.
The armed forces have the utmost respect for Ross as do the people who watch the horrifying realities of battle he brings to our living rooms. It's time to knight Ross Kemp. Let him know we are proud of what he does.
Friends is still the most acclaimed sitcom in the history of television, with fans on all around the world. It can be perfectly adapted for the cinema, as well as Sexy and the City, which had a great acceptance for the film adaptation.
Please Warner Bros, bring the best TV show to the big screen, give to the fans one more reason to continue enjoying FRIENDS!
Obviously you would have read thoroughly the BBC Trust report and are therefore aware of the BBC’s Editorial failings. We would like to refer to the following points contained therein:-
• ‘Russell Brand’s reaction on the recording suggests he knew the programme had gone too far because he said that while it might be possible to cut the remark from the programme it could not be retrieved from Andrew Sachs’s voicemail.’
• ‘Jonathan Ross, for his part, said he made it clear to Russell Brand at the time that the material should be included only if both Andrew Sachs and Georgina Baillie consented.’
Both Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand expressed concerns over the material being broadcast prior to airing.
• 23rd October ‘According to Ms Poole, the Mail on Sunday contacted her again and made it clear that it intended to publish a story whether or not her client commented. She says that at that point Mr Sachs resolved to make a complaint and asked Ms Poole to do so on his behalf. That evening at 17:20 she sent an email to the Controller of Radio 2.’
• 25th October ‘the Controller sent a text message to the Director of Audio & Music alerting him to the Mail on Sunday story’ ‘ for info the Mail often do damning pieces about Russell or Jonathan’
Clearly, Mr Sachs only made formal complaint to the BBC after pressure was applied to his agent Meg Poole, by the Mail/ Mail on Sunday, who obviously have something against these two performers.
• 29th October ‘mark thompson said I have decided that it is not appropriate for either Russell Brand or Jonathan Ross to continue broadcasting on the BBC until I have seen the full report of the actions of all concerned.’
OK Mark Thompson has seen it now, airing ‘that’ segment of the show was clearly the responsibility of the Editors, Head of Compliance and/ or The Controller as the Trust report found.
So let them back! With regard to The Controller Lesley Douglas, rather than accepting the resignation of someone with obvious great talent in this field wouldn’t it be better to train or re-iterate Policy to her?
As far as we have seen both Brand and Ross use material and language appropriate to the audience and type of programme that they are taking part in and are clearly not to blame for this. There was no real need for any suspensions/ resignations and only some more training/ tighter procedures were required in this instance. Perhaps these resignations were acquired by pressure to the 3 from the BBC who were put under considerable strain by the ‘witch hunt’ concocted by the Daily Mail.
Please don’t let a tabloid newspaper dictate OUR BBC’s programming, we accept there are some people who don’t like Ross and Brand, but for those we would say there’s an off button on your radios and TVs.
PLEASE LET THEM BACK TO WORK
The outcome of this petition will be posted on http://www.facebook.com/inbox/?ref=mb#/group.php?gid=43958561003 and http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=32172788465
There have been rumours arising over whether or not this film will be made. I for one want to sop these rumours and bring the cast together for all their fans to enjoy for one last time.
They each made millions per series and I'm sure everyone would like to know how each friend ended up. So sign away!