|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
Petition Tag - notice
Al-Hira Educational mosque and community centre has been issued with an Enforcement Notice. This Notice was issued on behalf of Newham Borough Council which requires the demolition of the building.
This centre is popular amongst the local Muslim community. Muslims make up 60% of the population of Newham. This centre has provided adequate facilities to pray five times a day.
To find out more information about us please visit us at: www.alhiralondon.com
Perhaps it is about time we changed how "parking enforcement" works. A completely new, friendly approach, not incentivised by money.
Each Council Ward can appoint its own group of "wardens", they may even be local volunteers, with the necessary powers to issue PCN's. Everyone in the ward will know who they are, and have their number to call if they have a problem. The point is however, that they will be welcoming, friendly sort of person, rather than the authoritarian set up we have now.
They will only issue tickets in the most extreme cases and will only issue a ticket as a last resort. The vast majority of PCN's issued currently are completely unnecessary and are purely issued to generate revenue - these would never get issued under this new arrangement.
I realise it may take some time to make these changes but they will be worth it if it encourages a more friendly local community.
In the UK at the moment you can steal and be fined less (or not at all), than the motorist who parks on the wrong line, displays the wrong permit, or just overstays his parking ticket. It is plainly very wrong and unfair.
Please sign the petition if you would like this to change.
LEGAL NOTICENOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT…
Source: New Britain Herald
Ad Id: 14145954
LEGAL NOTICE Notice is hereby given that a public hearing will be held by the Bureau of Finance and Administration 2800 Berlin Turnpike Newington Connecticut on Friday May 8 2009 at 10:00 a.m. in Conference Room B on Docket No. 0811-N-181-L for the application of Ajmal Mehdi DBA Medics Transportation. Pursuant to the provisions of Sections 13b-103 and 4-177 through 182 of the Connecticut General Statutes (C.G.S.) Ajmal Mehdi DBA Medics Transportation seeks authorization to operate four (4) motor vehicles having a passenger seating capacity of ten (10) adults or less in general livery service between all points in Connecticut from headquarters in Bristol. Parties and interveners requiring an interpreter (translator) for this public hearing may make arrangements by contacting the Department of Transportation 's Administrative Law Unit at (860) 594-2875 at least five (5) working days prior to the hearing.
Deaf and hearing impaired persons wishing to attend this public hearing or requiring an interpreter may make arrangements by contacting the Department of Transportation 's Office of Communications at (860) 594-3062 (VOICE ONLY) at least five (5) working days prior to the hearing. If the hearing is postponed due to inclement weather the hearing will be rescheduled for the next available date. For any questions regarding postponements please call (860) 594-2875. CONNECTICUT DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION Linda Dillon Secretary Bureau of Finance and Administration
1. At the time we received the class notice, (July, 2005) we were not informed and were not aware we had unpaid wages; not by Class Counsel, the Defendants, the Superior Court, the Class Notice or the Settlement Agreement.
2. Now, we clearly understand we have unpaid, due wages that are owed to us by the Defendants. For many, these unpaid wages amount to thousands of dollars per class member. The penalties, damages and fines created by Defendants failure to pay these wages, in many instances, amounts to several million dollars per class member.
UNION CLASS MEMBERS:
a. Overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
b. Wages under CLC §226.7-(Meal Delay Payments)
c. Overtime on State Meal Delay Payments.
d. Other unpaid wages at www.reversegreenberg.com
NON-UNION CLASS MEMBERS
a. Overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
b. Wages under CLC §226.7 (Meal Delay Payments)
c. Overtime on State Meal Delay Payments.
d. Other wages outlined at www.reversegreenberg.com
3. The settlement relieves Defendants from the legal obligation to pay our unpaid wages. The settlement forever bars us from collecting these unpaid wages if we also happen to claim they are “late.” This is of course absurd! If the wages are past due AND unpaid, how could they be anything but late? This settlement is a sham. It was designed exclusively to help the Defendants evade paying our wages, as well as the liability for failing to pay them.
4. This settlement undermines the purpose of the California wage statutes: to secure prompt payment of our earned and due wages. This is an unfair and deceitful tactic by the Defendants to willfully avoid paying us our unpaid due wages through obfuscation and diversion. If successful in their attempts, they will render the concept of due dates and wages meaningless for motion picture employees.
5. The Defendants were well aware of the existence of our unpaid wages and their obligations to pay them. If they weren’t, they should have been. Many of these Defendants are the largest, most sophisticated media conglomerates in the world.
6. During the entire lawsuit, the existence and status of our unpaid wages was never brought before the Superior Court. This despite 5 years of litigation, the production of over 200,000 pages of documents, the involvement 900 Defendants, and the participation of two Superior Court Judges. We don’t think it is fair our unpaid wages were completely ignored during the litigation only to have them released during settlement, regardless of what label is attached to them. (late, underpayment, non-payment, etc.)
7. We understood the Class Notice addressed wage payments that were paid in full but paid late. But, we DID NOT understand the settlement applied to those of us who still had unpaid wages. Our silence did not and does not equal support. We never would have agreed to this settlement if we knew we had unpaid due wages and if we knew this settlement would be used to prevent us from collecting those wages.
8. So, if the settlement releases our unpaid wages and/or how we choose to enforce their payment, why were these wages never addressed in this lawsuit? We think Class Counsel bears this responsibility.
9. When Class Counsel chose to file this lawsuit and bind us to its class action terms, they had (and still have) a responsibility to vigorously represent and protect all of our interests and claims that might reasonably be affected by this lawsuit. If Class Counsel wanted to release our unpaid wage claims, they could and should have been aware we had unpaid wages in the first place. We don’t think releasing our unpaid wages was in our best interest, but, at a minimum, before they released ANYTHING on our behalf, Class Counsel had an obligation to ensure that our unpaid wages were paid.
10. Class Counsel breached their duty to properly represent us. Class Counsel had no authority to represent, let alone release our FLSA claims as there was never an FLSA cause of action. If we hired them to sell our car, we certainly wouldn’t expect them sell our house too.
11. Currently, there are no published California Appellate opinions regarding application of California Labor Code §206 & §206.5 to large class action wage and hour disputes. In the event you decline to reverse this Superior Court decision, we will request that the Appellant petition the Court for a rehearing, and if necessary, petition the Supreme Court for a grant of review. We believe the California Supreme Court would welcome the opportunity to clarify the rights of employees under Labor Codes §206 and §206.5, especially in the context of a class action lawsuit.
On 14th July 2007 a large number of Stables Market traders were given just over 6 weeks notice to vacate their shops.
This was a formal and official eviction made in writing by the Stables Market Management.
Insurance agents are given dreams by the insurance companies. More than 95 % lose their agency before the expiry of the 5 years mandatory service as an agent. And there is no renewal commission for these 95%.
There is a simple strategy being adopted by the insurance companies of "Hire and Fire" and get business and make huge profits by not paying the renewal commission.
No one seems to take notice.
Is it justice??
"Ohio Emancipation of Minor Law
§2111.181: Settlement of claim of emancipated minor.
When personal injury, damage to tangible or intangible property, or damage or loss on account of personal injury or damage to tangible or intangible property is caused to a minor, who claims to be emancipated, by wrongful act, neglect, or default which would entitle the minor to maintain an action and recover damages for the injury, damage, or loss, and when any minor who claims to be emancipated is entitled to maintain an action for damages or any other relief based on any claim, or is subject to any claim to recover damages or any other relief based on any claim, the minor, who claims to be emancipated, may file an application in the probate court in the county where he then resides, praying for a finding by the court that the minor is in fact emancipated, and authorizing, approving, and consenting to the settlement of the claim by the minor without the appointment of a guardian.
Upon hearing on the application, after five days' written notice of the time and place of the hearing has been given to each of the living parents of the minor, whose name and address is known, provided the parent is free from disability other than minority, or, if there is no living parent, after such notice to the next of kin of the minor known to reside in the county, the court may find the minor to be emancipated and may authorize, approve, and consent to the settlement of the claim by the minor without the appointment of a guardian and may authorize the minor to receive and receipt for the settlement and, upon the minor executing and delivering a full and complete release for the injuries, damages, losses, or claims, may authorize the delivery and payment of such moneys to the minor, to a trustee or guardian of the estate of the minor appointed by the court for the benefit of the minor, or to a depository authorized to receive fiduciary funds to hold the moneys payable to the ward when he attains majority, or for the benefit of the minor, as the court may direct.
Upon the finding of the probate court that the minor was, at the time of the injury damage, loss, or claim, an emancipated minor, and provided the notice required by this section has been given to each living parent, whose name and address is known, then the release executed by the emancipated minor shall be a full and complete discharge and release of any claim which either or both of the parents might have by reason of the personal injury, damage to tangible or intangible property, damage or loss on account of personal injury, or damage to tangible or intangible property, or any other claim of the minor. HISTORY: 129 v 205 (Eff 10-2-61); 143 v H 346. Eff 5-31-90."
July 5, 2005
A quote from HaloGrid.com:
When we released Jump Tactics Spoof Episode 3: Turf I had the movie hosted on our server because no one had seen the movie. I could have submitted the movie to HBO and waited about 5 days for it to pass and be hosted... but we had a great number of people anxiously waiting for the movie to release. So I uploaded the movie to our server.
Now when JT3 hit front page of HIH, our mirror got thousands of downloads that I did not anticipate (seeing as the previous 2 versions weren't too popular). The night I got home from work and checked our bandwidth usage, we were at about 400gb over our limit. By the end of the month we were about 530gb over our limit. Prior to this happening, it was my and Arabian Camel's understanding that the overage fee was 50 cents per extra gigabyte used. We just RECENTLY came to find that they changed their overage fee from 50 cents per gigabyte, to $6.00 per gigabyte used. Arabian Camel received an email with our overage fee balance due which totaled at $3,438.00.
Of course Arabian Came to me telling me the news and we both began thinking of ways to deal with the situation. The first notion that came to mind was the fact that they changed their fees without email or otherwise notice. After he talked to them on the phone for over an hour he told me that in their TOC, they reserve the right to change their fees without prior notice. Basically meaning they were not at fault. Mike W Caizza (Clan Member - Lead Role) said if we couldn't come up with the money he would donate $100, and blackouTT (Clan Member - Lead Role) also offered to start working full-time to send us some money.
Seeing as I barely make it from paycheck to paycheck as it is... it's nearly impossible for me to set aside any more money. In short... none of us have this kind of money in any way, shape, or form.
Sony Entertainment Television was launched in the Indian sub-continent and the Middle East in October 1995. The channel is a joint partnership between Sony Pictures Entertainment and Argos Communications Enterprises, a Singapore based entertainment company specialising in South Asian program production and media services.
In the interest of General Public of Bangalore : IS RULE ONLY FOR THE POOR?
This is to bring to your notice that general public is harassed for paying a penalty amount for parking before and after Kentucky Restaurant ( a window outlet ) adjacent to Ramanshree Comforts, Raja Ram Mohan Roy Road, which is a no parking area (sign board is displayed). Where as the customers of the hotel have been allowed to park with no penalty amount and troubling other vehicles moving on the road.
We request you to bring to the notice of the right authority to take due action against this.
Look forward to read this in next daily issue,
Well who has watched all of the zoids and notice that there was no ending to new century? We want more zoids well.
PETITION TO STOP THE VICTIMISATION OF TALAT BUTT BY SWEDISH REDERI ALLANDIA
Talat Butt is a worker from Kashmir based in Sweden and working at M/S Birger Jarl - the old name for the Baltic Star when it was under the Panamanian flag. He started working on board in November 1997. Along with his 24 Pakistani colleagues, he was used as cheap labour in grave violation of the Swedish law. Talat Butt had a 12-hour working day for seven days a week. This went on for 21 months without a single day off. His wage was less then SEK 7,000 (approximately $750 or Euros) a month.
He started a struggle against this injustice. Working class organisations including SEKO Sjöfolk gave him help in his just struggle. After a long fight, he won equal rights according to the Swedish laws for the non-EU workers. It cost the company - Rederi - around SEK 5,000,000 (half a million dollars) for 24 workers. For more information see: www.justiceatbalticstar.com
By early 2002, Rederi changed its flag and registered itself with the Swedish flag. Using its new registration, the company tried to make use of European Union laws to fire us.
Talat Butt, one more time, started a campaign to save our jobs and for an improvement in our working conditions. As a result, he had to face deportation from Sweden during this campaign. The Swedish Immigration police arrested him from his work place and detained him for two hours. The police had to release him as there was no charge against him to keep him in custody.
Next day, however, when Talat Butt went onto the boat for work, he was stopped by the police with a notice served by Rederi. The company, through this notice, had banned him from going on the boat either for work or for meeting his colleagues. The company was afraid that his visits on board would help other workers getting organised.
Meantime, Rederi announced 25 vacancies for stewards through the Arbetformadeling (Labour Exchange). These jobs were announced without serving us any prior notice.
Talat Butt, along with his colleagues and some working class organisations, formed a "Solidarity Committee for Justice on the Baltic Star". The Committee launched a campaign to stop the deportation of Rederi´s non-European workers.
Following this struggle, Migrationsverket (the Immigration Office) granted 18-month work permits to all the workers but not to Talat Butt. (Again, more information also at: www.justiceatbalticstar.com
Rederi didn't find any reason to lay off Talat, but still his employment papers were not sent to the Migrationsverket for his work permit. He was however getting his full salary meantime.
Rederi, in November 2002, offered Talat Butt a job in a meeting with SEKO Sjöfolk. The job was offered on "M/S Harley-Davidson" to solve the conflict. However, after one month, Rederi withdrew the job offer.
This state of affairs went on until 28th of February 2003 when the Migrationsverket finally denied Talat Butt any visa as Rederi management had deliberately avoided sending relevant papers to the Migrationverket.
The company has manoeuvred in order to fire him by denying him his stay and work permit in Sweden. This is just a tactic to fire him.
This is clear victimisation for his peaceful, just and bold struggle for working class rights guaranteed by the Swedish law. This also is an attempt to make an example out of him for those who want to struggle for justice and equal rights.
Demands of the campaign: Stop the victimisation! Grant a work permit for Talat Butt! Allow SEKO Sjöfolk intervention to help Talat Butt!
Sign an appeal to stop victimisation of Talat Butt by Swedish Rederi Allandia. http://www.petitiononline.com/bj2003/petition.html
Stödkommittén för rättvisa på Baltic Star (Solidarity Committee for Justice on Baltic Star).
More info: www.justiceatbalticstar.com
Contact:Talat Butt 0704418438, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arne Johansson 0709903840, e-mail: email@example.com