|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
Petition Tag - neutering
The theft of dogs is happening more and more. Many are stolen to then be sold on to be used as breeding machines. I run a small dog rescue and if I do not know the history of the dog, the vet will still charge the same to open a bitch up only to find it is already spayed. Very often there is no visible scarring once it has healed so very difficult to detect.
If all vets were forced to tattoo each bitch while they are spaying them (it just has to be a small symbol in the groin) this will help rescues knowing they are already spayed, but more importantly stop any thieves stealing these poor dogs for breeding. Once they have a tattoo they will be of no use to breeders.
We need to make the government more aware of animal welfare.
Please sign this petition.
Throughout Greece there is a great problem with large numbers of roaming stray cats. Law 3170 doesn't make any body responsible for the welfare of stray cats.
It is almost impossible for foreign vets to receive a license to temporarily work here and the minimum charge set by the Vets Association (VA) for neutering cats is far too high to allow NGOs to neuter the numbers of cats required to make a significant difference.
* Welfare of cats
* Negative effect on tourism
* Human animal conflict
* Inhumane stray control methods
Σε όλη την Ελλάδα υπάρχει μεγάλο πρόβλημα υπερπληθυσμού αδέσποτων γατών και ο Νόμος 3170 δεν καθιστά κάποιον υπεύθυνο για την ευημερία τους.
Οι αλλοδαποί κτηνίατροι χορηγούνται πλέον με δυσκολία άδειες για την προσωρινή εργασία τους στην Ελλάδα και οι τιμές των κτηνιάτρων είναι υπερβολικά υψηλές για να μπορέσουν τα σωματεία να στειρώσουν μεγάλο αριθμό γατών έτσι ώστε η σταθεροποίηση του πληθυσμού να είναι εμφανής.
Προβλήματα που προκαλούνται:
• Έλλειψη ευημερίας των γατών (αρρώστιες κτλ.)
• Αρνητικές επιπτώσεις στον τουρισμό
• Συγκρούσεις Ανθρώπων και Ζώων (σκουπίδια κτλ.)
• Χρήση απάνθρωπων μέσων ελέγχου του πληθυσμού (δηλητηριάσεις κτλ.)
We aim to highlight and educate people regarding the horror of puppy farms and unethical breeding in Ireland.
We believe that there should only be a limited number of licences to breed issued following extensive checks and guidelines adhered to.
However there are breeders who are simply interested in profit charging ridiculous prices for puppies, keeping dogs in horrendous conditions, have no breeding plan or regard for the animals health and experimenting unethically with cross breeding, sometimes with shocking results.
There are also dog owners who have neglected to get their dogs microchipped or neutered adding dramatically to the number of strays, cruelty cases and abandoned dogs each year.
We are trying to educate people and are campaigning to have microchipping and neutering made compulsory as in other countries.
You can do your bit by signing this petition.
In making neutering mandatory it should reduce the amount of unwanted animals that are abused, neglected, euthanized, or dying of preventable diseases each year.
July 3, 2005
This petition is to persuade all the high up people who can change things to make it a legal requirement to have animals neutered.
There are far too many unwanted animals in the UK, either soon to be destroyed or are in small pens in rehoming centres. This should not happen. By neutering animals we are stopping more unwanted animals.
The aim of this petition is to abolish the Dangerous Dog Act on the grounds that it is the usually the owner's fault if a dog is aggressive, and it is possible to reform dogs, which is fairer then executing them.
The aim of this petition is to bring about a complete ban against spaying and castrating animals as there are more humane ways of sterilising animals (examples of other sterilisation methods are low dosages of X- rays or microwaves, sterilisation implants, season-preventing pheromones, which may only work with female dogs, or if these ideas turn out to be impractical due to cost or side effects, then tubal ligations and vasectomies could be used).
Neutering can also result in a lot of unfortunate side effects, such as temporary or perminant loss of confidence in both males and females, urinary incontinence in females, decreased metabolic rates (which can lead to obesity), decreased bone and muscle density and the operation can cause dogs to become more likely suffer from knee ligament degeneration and knee arthritis.
Behaverioural problems can also be prevented training the animal properly in the first place, or they can be cured by using operant conditioning (which simply involves encouraging acceptable behaviours through rewards while discouraging unacceptable behaviour).
For those who DON'T know: PETA is People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, the largest animal rights group around. The problems that have been plaguing the world by the Animal Rights movement is constantly hurt more by this organization and people unwilling to see the lies, and the support of terrorists groups, phony organizations, and even committing violent acts.
PETA has been accused several times of supporting terrorism in the name of their political agenda. PETA has denied this, but PETA's IRS 990 forms show that PETA donated to the Earth Liberation Front and the Animal Liberation Front, the largest domestic terrorist groups in the U.S, which has confessed of committing over $10,000,000 worth of damage to buildings, defacing property, even mailing death threats, to spread its political agenda. PETA's donations are as following: $1,500 to the North American Earth Liberation Front in 2001, $45,200 to Rodney Coronado, who was convicted of burning down a research lab. Another $25,000 in an un-returnable loan went to his father the previous year, $2,000 to David Wilson convicted of firebombing a bird co-op, $5,000 to Josh Harper, convicted of assaulting police, a firing at a fishing boat, and $ 1,500 to Fran Trutt convicted of attempting murder of a medical Doctor. Yes, attempted murder.
Even though PETA tries to cover up/deny any of these donations, the lies show right through. Now their tax-exempt status is at risk because of these donations. This organization is also responsible for pulling off publicity stunts, such as the shocking "Got Beer?!" campaign, which is supposed to make people believe that beer is better than milk. Another example of their extreme campaign was the billboard in Europe that claims that feeding children meat is child abuse. PETA's head cheese, Ingrid Newkirk, Vegan coordinator Bruce Friedrich, and other top PETA members have said things that make you wonder what planet they are from, and clearly shows their hatred towards other humans, and support for terrorist actions in the name of Animal Rights. For example;
· "Our nonviolent tactics are not as effective. We ask nicely for years and get nothing, someone makes a threat, and it works." - Ingrid Newkirk.
· "I openly hope that it comes here." - Ingrid Newkirk referring to mad cow disease.
· "We're looking for good lawsuits that will establish the interests of animals as a legitimate area of concern in law." - Ingrid Newkirk
- "If a girl gets sexual pleasure from riding a horse, does the horse suffer? If not, who cares? If you French kiss your dog and he or she thinks it's great, is it wrong? We believe all exploitation and abuse is wrong. If it isn't exploitation and abuse, it may not be wrong."
- "Arson, property destruction, burglary and theft are 'acceptable crimes' when used for the animal cause."
- "The cat, like the dog, must disappear... We should cut the domestic cat free from our dominance by neutering, neutering, and more neutering, until our pathetic version of the cat ceases to exist." - John Bryant, PETA
· " I find it small wonder that the laboratories aren't all burning to ground. If I had a more guts, I'd light a match." - Ingrid Newkirk, after an underground group mailed razor blade laced threats to medical researchers studying new drugs on primates.
· "Six million Jews died in concentration camps, but 6 billion broiler chickens will die this year in slaughterhouses." - Ingrid Newkirk
· "To those people who say, 'My father is alive because of animal experimentation,' I say, 'Yeah, well, good for you. This dog died so your father could live ... " - Bill Maher, PETA celebrity spokesman
-"Let us allow the dog to disappear from our brick and concrete jungles -- from our firesides, from the leather nooses and chains by which we enslave it." - John Bryant, PETA
· "The discomfort of a human does not outweigh the right of the animal to live . . ." - Carol Burnett, PeTA spokesperson
· "If we really believe that animals have the same right to be free from pain and suffering at our hands, then, of course we're going to be blowing things up and smashing windows I think it's a great way to bring about animal liberation, considering the level of suffering, the atrocities. I think it would be great if all of the fast-food outlets, slaughterhouses, these laboratories, and the banks that fund them exploded tomorrow. I think it's perfectly appropriate for people to take bricks and toss them through the windows. ... Hallelujah to the people who are willing to do It."
Bruce Friedrich, PETA's vegan campaign coordinator, at the "Animal Rights 2001" conference
It's very disturbing to know that an organization like this could have so many heartening comments coming from their higher members. Bet you didn't know that Ingrid Newkirk admitted on a CNN interview that they [PETA] deliberately editing out certain portions of the videotape done at BoysTown in order to make it appear that the kitten in the video was suffering, when it was really coming out of anesthesia. You know that PETA runs large anti-meat/dairy/fishing/animals in medical research campaigns, but did you know that they get their information from a group called the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (AKA PCRM), which claims to be a group of "Doctors and laypersons working together for compassionate and effective medical practice, research, and health promotion." Evidence from Activist Cash (http://www.activistcash.com/) shows that physicians make up only 5% of its membership, and that the group's only physicians represent less than 0.5% of America's doctors. They also want to abolish animal use in lifesaving research and try to promote (and extremely enforce) Veganism, going as far to suggest that meat, eggs, and dairy can be labeled as "Weapons of mass destruction". This is completely ridiculous and false. PETA also claims to help the animals, which is hypnotically because according to a July 26, 2000, Associated Press story, out of the 2,103 animals that PETA "rescued" during 1999, a whopping 1,325 of them were euthanized because they couldn't find homes and shelters for these animals. Considering PETA's yearly income of over $10,000,000, don't you think that they should have been able to build a few shelters? To add to their hypocrisy, PETA pledged after 9-11 not to do extreme campaigns, but recently cranked out the new "Terrorism at the Table" campaign, comparing turkey slaughter to terrorism, featuring a turkey holding up a supermarket urging them to go vegetarian. To add to the hypocrisy, PETA members have been seen eating meat/wearing leather and fur, and the celebrities supporting PETA in campaigns, have also supported what they were shown as against. To conclude, all we say is to think long and hard about this essay. You make the decisions, but your decision may affect the future, and whether PETA takes over and our freedoms and lifestyle become obsolete based on hearsay, and propaganda created to get some attention. The choice is yours. PETA, if you listen to us please stop the madness. You are hurting your cause, and your group. Stop the madness before it's too late.