|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
Petition Tag - mother
ABORTION IS NOT WRONG!!! you are not killing a person. it is a fetus! not a fully developed person. abortion is 100% eithical and right.
If a woman is not fit to take care of a baby and does not want to put htis baby up for adoption because some of the kids that get put up for adoption never get adopted she has 100% her choice to abort the fetus.
What about for women who are raped? or in cases of incest? these women do not wnat their babies
Would you rather have a child brought into the world where it is unwanted and it's mother probably isn't prepared to take care of a child? No its just silly - it is not the goverment's choice or any of your orginization choices. It's the mother's choice.
You dont have to get an abortion if you dont want to but it is compeltely ethical and necsssary.
Rosalba M. is a Mexican citizen who has been living and working as a housekeeper in the SF Bay Area for approximately the past thirteen years. Her two sons, G.(13) and L.(11) are U.S. citizens who have lived here their entire lives and attend public school in the Bay Area. Rosalba divorced their father some years ago due to his repeated physical abuse. Rosalba was awarded custody of the children and they live with her most of the time. She has sole responsibility for their up bringing. Rosalba is a law-abiding, hard-working, loving mother who is a tremendous role model for her children. She has invested all of her spare time and scarce resources in giving them a better opportunity than she has had in life, including a quality education. G. and L. are good, well-behaved children who are deeply attached to their mother. G. is an honor student. L. has some learning disabilities that require special attention from the school and his mother. Their father takes little interest in the children and has shown little concern for their welfare. He is unemployed, has a criminal record and he and his current wife have refused to pay court-ordered child support for two years.
Following a bureaucratic process, Rosalba has been notified by Homeland Security that she will be deported as an illegal alien on May 3, and that she may not re-enter the country for at least five years. She has consistently cooperated with the immigration authorities and has repeatedly appealed to them to consider the impact of their proposed actions on her children. Section 240A of the Immigration and Nationality Act provides eligibility for relief in cases of hardship to children such as this one. However, her appeals to the immigration service and the courts have been rejected, and the children are now facing the terrifying prospect of having their mother permanently taken away from them by their own Government.
They face an impossible choice:
· Stay in the United States without their mother, dependent on a violent father who has shown little concern for their education or general welfare, or
· Go with their mother to live in one of the poorest regions of Mexico, a country whose language they do not speak, without access to education or financial support
In either case, the impact on their lives will be devastating.
Indiana's Shame Teardrops for Katelynn
Sugar and spice and everything nice.
This is suppose to be every little girls life.
What happens when life is not like that?
What if the people who are suppose to protect you fill your life with constant abuse?
For little Katelynn of Indiana, her life is filled with this from a father, stepmother and father's family; everyone but her the relatives that love her have been denied the ability to see her.
Note : this DOES NOT include 500+ additional pages of evidence
* Separate from abuser after assault by abuser.
* Little daughter returned by abuser hurt sees family doctor.
* Abuser assaults me and kids while trying to abducted little daughter.
* Police statements taken.
* Arrest warranted issued for abuser and protection order put in place. Other court Excludes little daughter from protection order.
* Abuser arrested outstanding bench warrant found in next county abuser extradited.
* Mninster of abusers church bails him out.
* File for divorce and temporary custody granted to me and restraining order placed Against abuser little daughter excluded from restraining order.
* Request Guardian Ad Litem for little daughter.
* Ad litem submits report recommends abuser vistis every weekend. Judge grants
* Temporary Order issued
* Letter from Domestic violence counselor abuser refuses contact via phone or in Person. Court does nothing.
* Little daughter crying of owie in butt from girlfriends son.
* Little daughter seen by family physician, refers to sexual abuse hospital.
* Little daughter is seen at sexual abuse hospital.
* Little daughter returned crying abuser's girlfriend slapped in face, spanked repeadly for pottying in pants and is jerked out of bed. Little daughter seeing child psychololgist
* Little daughter returned crying is hurt when abuser and girlfriend involve little daughter in domestic violence fight. Abuser and girlfriend separate.
* Little daughter returned home sick, it is winter little daughter has no outerwear abuser and parents kept. Abuser's parents refusing to return.
* Little daughter crying abuser takes little daughter to abuser's parents house calls mother dirty names, new girlfriend plays spanking game with little daughter ,new girlfriend accuses brother of spying.
* Little daughter crying Abuser's new girlfriend threatens little daughter not to go near mother, drags little daughter is dragged by shoulder blade across 5
* Sitting in chairs, forced to pray on knees for being bad, threatened mother if refusal and beatings.
* Little daughter crying returned by abuser , abuser and girlfriend threatens to beat her for being bad since they can't force her to pray.
* Court threatens to give little daughter to abuser if little daughter doesn't go on visits.
* Little daughter threatened to be struck repeatedly by abuser if she doesn't tell Abuser what little daughter told mother.
* I speaks to child protection services about concerns. child protection services speak Children. Says he can't help.
* Abuser remarries at wedding little daughter is burned with curling iron on forarm. burn is blistering, seeping fluid and about an inch and 1/2 long. And her underwear is removed.
*Abuser returns little daughter with brusing on upper arm and forarm brother sees.
* I speak to town police they refuse to get involved. Town police send me to adjoining town.
* Police statements taken and child protective services open investigation.
* Within week after child protection service talks to abuser on phone only
* Investigation dropped by child protection services.
* Child protection worker visits my home.
* Family doctor makes report to child protection agency against abuser after doctor Visit reguarding abuser.
* Legal services mails letter stating no funds to help.
* Little daughter agitated and crying . There is redmark from kneecap to ankle. Little daughter talks about wife rubbing her butt ?feels like sawing in half?
booby traps, her book of wrongs, taken to another county where wife beats her, chemicals sprayed in her eyes and more.
*Report again to child protection services. Little daughter tells worker herself.
* Child protection services refuises to help, says they can't get invovled since it civil matter.
*Go to domestic violences shelter. Advocate advises child psychologist, and keep journal.
* Little daughter starts therapy with domestic violence recommended.
* Little daughter returned crying brother no longer welcome for tell child protection Service worker about abuse.
*Legal services mails letter stating no funds to help.
* Little daughter agitated and crying . There is redmark from kneecap to ankle. Little daughter talks about wife rubbing her butt feels like sawing in half? booby traps, her book of wrongs, taken to another county where wife beats her, chemicals sprayed in her eyes and more.
* Report again to child protection services. Little daughter tells worker herself. Child protection services refuses to help.
* Go to domestic violences shelter. Advocate advises child psychologist, and keep journal.
* Little daughter starts therapy with child psychologist referred by domestic violence safe house recommends.
* Little daughter returned crying brother no longer welcome for tell child protection Service worker about abuse.
* Little daughter returned crying says she is so hungry.
* After abuser refuses to bring little daughter home, speak to town police. Town police refuse to get invovled.
* Little daughter suicidal over book of wrongs wants to die. Little daughter says she cannot fix all her wrongs little daughter is tired.
* Abuser's wife tries to run me and children off road. I flee with children to safe house.
* Court places Protection order against abuser's wife on behalf of me and little daughter. Ad litem compels visit on contingency abuser promises to keep wife not around little daughter. This is not complied with. ad litem doesn't believe.
*Little daughter's Phsychologist goes to child Protection Services with me to demand casa for little daughter since part of abuse happened in nearby county.
*Child Protection Agency refuses casa worker for little daughter and refuses to investigate.
* Little daughter referred to new woman counselor.
* New counselor files initial assessment . Summary notes little daughter suicudial , intensive fear of abuser and adjustment disorder stemming from abuse.
Counselar places little daughter on suicide watch while in safe house.
* While in safe house ad litem compells me to turn little daughter over to abuser. Abuser now knows location of safehouse.
* Abuser promptly forces little daughter to divulge location of safe house, threatens little daughter with violence, call mother names to little daughter, picks fingernail polish off little daughters fingers with abusers fingernails, abuser tells little daughter again child protection agency on his side.
* Safe house counselor promptly issues safe phone to me they are concerned for our safety.
* Safe house child advocate files statement of little daughter telling advocate of abuse.
A mother moved the world with her left arm and the crib in her right. Pregnant women have the right to receive a bonus.
Stacey Morrison dissapeared almost 12 years ago... now her mother Linda knows who killed her. Linda just wants to give her daughter a proper burial, but Peoria County State's Attorney Kevin Lyons has his own Agenda....
After 27 years of faithful service to the school the fremont unified school district is telling Thelma Russ that she has to go. Her mobile home is over 20 yrs old so it will be destroyed because fremont will not issue any permits to move or relocate a m.h. that old.
The option they gave her is to move to a district owned house that is substandard and she will have to pay $500.00+200+35+175.00 per month. Her SS is 700pm.
February 20, 2004
The American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology has released a statement which addresses the ethics of decision making regarding elective, or on-demand, cesarean surgery.
ACOG notes in the statement that although a number of factors influence such decision making, ultimately the decision will come down to the patients concerns and the physicians understanding of the procedures risks and benefits.
However, ACOG also states that it is unclear whether or not a patient has the right to have a surgical procedure when there is no evidence to support the procedure, and makes no statement regarding a physicians responsibility to specifically inform the patient of the benefits of not having the procedure.
Meanwhile, the CDC reports that the cesarean rate has risen to 26.1%, the VBAC rate has dropped 23%, and maternal and newborn mortality rates are on the rise, due to the frequent complications associated with cesarean surgery.
Women are not being given the whole story when it comes to the safety and benefits of a vaginal birth for them and their baby. To see the statement, and these rates:
The average new mother is kicked out of the hospital after 48 hours; yet, the typical recovery time is 6 weeks. During this time, many women still have to run their household. This includes things like grocery shopping, newborn check-ups, and post-natal doctor visits. Women are expected to park in regular spaces and trek through a crowded parking lot. Parking in handicapped spaces would ease a new mother's recovery.
New law comes too late for adoptive family.
JACKSONVILLE, FL -- At the end of the month, a new law goes into effect that gives biological fathers 30 days to file for paternal rights over their children. The new law is a welcome change for those seeking to adopt children but comes too late for one Jacksonville family.
For the Scott family, they say the law is two years too late for them. Two- year-old "E", has lived with the Dawn and Gene Scott since he was born. Five months after his birth, "E"’s biological father became involved. His biological father lives in another state and has visitation rights with his son. Now, he says he wants custody. "E's" biological father lives in Maine, and his biological mother lives in Illinois.
His adoptive parents live in Jacksonville. The 2-year-old is caught in the middle of a custody battle. His adoptive parents say if the new law was in effect two years ago, then there would be no conflict.
"[Adopting "E"] has been the most amazing experience to happen for us,"said Dawn Scott, adoptive mother. "He's changed our lives." 2-year-old "E" Scott has a mound of curls and a ton of energy. His adoptive parents, Dawn and Gene Scott, can't imagine life without him. "You dream about him...think about him...can't wait to come home to him, "said Gene Scott, foster father.
Now, "E" is caught in the middle of a custody battle. Five months after he was born, his biological father filed for punitive consent -- giving him the right to fight for custody. Under the new law, a biological father must register consent within 30 days after a child is born. However, the new law has come too late to affect this situation.
"We're just devastated and concerned about where he's going to go," said Dawn Scott. "What's going to happen to him?"
I am a good man, from a good family. I met a woman from the backwoods, prostituting herself in a bar. We eventually married. I joined the Navy (8 years and a war) to help broaden our lives and serve my country. I supported her, while she slept with the 6th Fleet and took money from them occassionally, but constantly slept with other men in my bed. She convinced me it was because she was an alcoholic, so she got sober and we had kids. It's been a nightmare. She kept sleeping around, even with our minister! I converted, abandoned my family and worked two jobs to support her (she refuses to work) and the kids. We are now divorcing. Her rich mother bought her a house. We lost the family home (after she trashed it) and I moved in with my very religious Mother.
She's sleeping around even now, yet she goes to court and tells the world I shouldn't have friends. I am trying to get the kids and she files false Orders of Protection on me. I WON, but yet lost. I am my own lawyer at this point so even when I have her over a barrel I lose somewhat. We have no money or anything and she has dragged this nightmare out 17 months so far, even though she agreed we should divorce! My daughter has been committed twice and the boys are a wreck. She is physically and mentally abusive yet the courts won't protect us from her. I have Ex Parte 50% custody (no divorce TRIAL yet), but she's always filing BS like I don't take medication, when I have a bottle in my pocket, like our daughter attempted suicide while with me, but it was with my soon to be Ex that rode in the ambulance with my daughter then tried to cover it up instead of get her help!! Please sign my petition. Anyone who has suggestions, please make them! Any encouragement, acknowlegement, ANYTHING is welcome.
My mother has been diabetic for 35 years and up until 8 years ago was doing fine on the Eli Lilly beef pork insulin. Since Eli stopped making insulin from beef pork she has over the years slowly deteriated in health. Over the past year she has been in the hospital 5 times, once due to a stroke from extremely high sugar. She eats well as she always has since becoming diabetic, but her current insulin Lantus and Humolog is just not working. Please, please bring the beef pork insulin back to the U.S., I want my mother back!!!!!
VERIFCATION OF RESIDENCE, EDUCATION, CONSISTENT CARE AND A SAFE CUSTODIAL ENVIRONMENT FOR MARCUS AARON TODD (minor child), WHOM HAS RESIDED WITH CURTIS LADELL GRIFFIN (father) AND ANGLELIC LASUNJA GRIFFIN (step-mother) WHOSE RESIDENCE ADDRESS IS 50381 OAKVIEW DR, NEW BALTIMORE, MICHIGAN 48047. I VERIFY THAT MARCUS ARRON TODD HAS BEEN IN THE CUSTODY OF CURTIS LADELL GRIFFIN (father) AND ANGLELIC LASUNJA GRIFFIN (step-mother)SINCE JUNE OF 2001.
Our father is a War Vet with the first WWW2, Merchant Marine, Korean War and a Indian.Our father did not receive compensation as a merchant marine or as an Indian during his duty to Canada.Our father died in 1992 so when the money came along he had passed away.Our mother did not receive any benifits either. We are asking the people of Canada to help us in obtaining funds under these measures.
We are hoping that the money that was given to merchant marine and the the money given to a native who was in the war but never recognized will be given to his children.If our mother was alive at the time the money was given out she would have received it for the merchant marines. We understand that had our father was alive he would have received compensation for being an Indian during the war as well. All we want is compensation that is owed to our family as it was not easy growing up in poverty an living off the reserve.
We hope that the people of Canada will help us in this endeavour.
The Children of
Private Gerald Harquail
I have started this petition to legalize a plant. I'd like to know how a peice of mother nature could be illegal. NO ONE HAS EVER DIED FROM SMOKING MARIJUANA!!! It's useful for many other things even without smoking it. Paper, Clothes, & Rope just to name a few. This is just not right. Free the weed!
We EarthBounders waited for years..... Then, it was cancelled...... WE WANT EARTHBOUND 2 ON GAMECUBE NOW!!!!
My Name is Edward Goldstone. I am just one of many fathers who has had to say goodbye to their child. The last time I saw my son was July 9, 2000. This is due in large part to a court system that has large biases in custudy cases that give more rights to mothers as a parent. More often than not, the courts note only the father's income, rather than their ability to love and care for their child.
On December 22,1999, at the Abbotsford Courthouse, I was given legal visitation rights to see my son, and was required to pay a monthy child maintenance. Since then, in breach of the law, his mother has taken him and disappeared, denying me the right to see my boy, Austin. With the aid of private investigator, I have searched for my son's mother and grandmother with no success. I continue to pay monthly maintenance. Family Maintenance Program (which I volunteered to pay her through) knows where they are but doesn't have authorization to tell me.
Although she is deliberately breaking the law, the authorities can do nothing to stop her. This is due to the omission of a peace officer clause. Without this clause the police can't help me, essentially the court order means nothing. I am trying to get Dads' voices heard. Both parents should be given joint custody (providing the child is not in any danger) and a peace officer clause be included, to make the order inforceable.
I would like your help to put pressure on the Canadain Government to change these out-dated laws. You could help greatly by signing this petition. Its time for dads to have equal rights as parents!