|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
Petition Tag - fort mcmurray
There have been several near-miss situations with respect to pedestrians and vehicular traffic. Heavy traffic patterns throughout various times of the day result in long wait periods for drivers travelling east/west or turning left to travel north/south.
Current crosswalk light system is insufficient for the following reasons:
1. Safety of pedestrians and school crossing guards during peak school traffic periods.
2. Safety of pedestrians during non-peak school traffic periods.
3. Vehicular traffic has increased significantly, rendering present crosswalk light insufficient.
4. Vehicular traffic uses intersection as 4-lane, instead of 2-lane. Many drivers go around a vehicle turning left without taking the crosswalks into consideration.
5. Development continuing in the area which will increase vehicular traffic.
As of September 1, 2010 the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo implemented a new bylaw eliminating the use of single-use shopping bags.
Bylaw No. 09/033 states:
"BEING A BYLAW OF THE REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF WOOD BUFFALO, IN THE PROVINCE OF ALBERTA, TO PROHIBIT THE USE OF SINGLE-USE SHOPPING BAGS BY ESTABLISHMENTS OPERATING WITHIN THE BOUNDARIES OF THE REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF WOOD BUFFALO..."
This Petition will be brought to the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo Council and Administration in order to have this Bylaw remove or revised so that establishments operating within the RMWB will be permitted to use Single-Use Shopping bags if they so choose.