|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
Petition Tag - campaigns
We, the undersigned, as potential voters in the 2008 election, petition the news media to report on the campaigns with fairness, accuracy, and good judgement. We do not want to see, hear, or read a slanted opinion. We want the truth so we can better decide who to vote for in the upcoming election.
For those who DON'T know: PETA is People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, the largest animal rights group around. The problems that have been plaguing the world by the Animal Rights movement is constantly hurt more by this organization and people unwilling to see the lies, and the support of terrorists groups, phony organizations, and even committing violent acts.
PETA has been accused several times of supporting terrorism in the name of their political agenda. PETA has denied this, but PETA's IRS 990 forms show that PETA donated to the Earth Liberation Front and the Animal Liberation Front, the largest domestic terrorist groups in the U.S, which has confessed of committing over $10,000,000 worth of damage to buildings, defacing property, even mailing death threats, to spread its political agenda. PETA's donations are as following: $1,500 to the North American Earth Liberation Front in 2001, $45,200 to Rodney Coronado, who was convicted of burning down a research lab. Another $25,000 in an un-returnable loan went to his father the previous year, $2,000 to David Wilson convicted of firebombing a bird co-op, $5,000 to Josh Harper, convicted of assaulting police, a firing at a fishing boat, and $ 1,500 to Fran Trutt convicted of attempting murder of a medical Doctor. Yes, attempted murder.
Even though PETA tries to cover up/deny any of these donations, the lies show right through. Now their tax-exempt status is at risk because of these donations. This organization is also responsible for pulling off publicity stunts, such as the shocking "Got Beer?!" campaign, which is supposed to make people believe that beer is better than milk. Another example of their extreme campaign was the billboard in Europe that claims that feeding children meat is child abuse. PETA's head cheese, Ingrid Newkirk, Vegan coordinator Bruce Friedrich, and other top PETA members have said things that make you wonder what planet they are from, and clearly shows their hatred towards other humans, and support for terrorist actions in the name of Animal Rights. For example;
· "Our nonviolent tactics are not as effective. We ask nicely for years and get nothing, someone makes a threat, and it works." - Ingrid Newkirk.
· "I openly hope that it comes here." - Ingrid Newkirk referring to mad cow disease.
· "We're looking for good lawsuits that will establish the interests of animals as a legitimate area of concern in law." - Ingrid Newkirk
- "If a girl gets sexual pleasure from riding a horse, does the horse suffer? If not, who cares? If you French kiss your dog and he or she thinks it's great, is it wrong? We believe all exploitation and abuse is wrong. If it isn't exploitation and abuse, it may not be wrong."
- "Arson, property destruction, burglary and theft are 'acceptable crimes' when used for the animal cause."
- "The cat, like the dog, must disappear... We should cut the domestic cat free from our dominance by neutering, neutering, and more neutering, until our pathetic version of the cat ceases to exist." - John Bryant, PETA
· " I find it small wonder that the laboratories aren't all burning to ground. If I had a more guts, I'd light a match." - Ingrid Newkirk, after an underground group mailed razor blade laced threats to medical researchers studying new drugs on primates.
· "Six million Jews died in concentration camps, but 6 billion broiler chickens will die this year in slaughterhouses." - Ingrid Newkirk
· "To those people who say, 'My father is alive because of animal experimentation,' I say, 'Yeah, well, good for you. This dog died so your father could live ... " - Bill Maher, PETA celebrity spokesman
-"Let us allow the dog to disappear from our brick and concrete jungles -- from our firesides, from the leather nooses and chains by which we enslave it." - John Bryant, PETA
· "The discomfort of a human does not outweigh the right of the animal to live . . ." - Carol Burnett, PeTA spokesperson
· "If we really believe that animals have the same right to be free from pain and suffering at our hands, then, of course we're going to be blowing things up and smashing windows I think it's a great way to bring about animal liberation, considering the level of suffering, the atrocities. I think it would be great if all of the fast-food outlets, slaughterhouses, these laboratories, and the banks that fund them exploded tomorrow. I think it's perfectly appropriate for people to take bricks and toss them through the windows. ... Hallelujah to the people who are willing to do It."
Bruce Friedrich, PETA's vegan campaign coordinator, at the "Animal Rights 2001" conference
It's very disturbing to know that an organization like this could have so many heartening comments coming from their higher members. Bet you didn't know that Ingrid Newkirk admitted on a CNN interview that they [PETA] deliberately editing out certain portions of the videotape done at BoysTown in order to make it appear that the kitten in the video was suffering, when it was really coming out of anesthesia. You know that PETA runs large anti-meat/dairy/fishing/animals in medical research campaigns, but did you know that they get their information from a group called the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (AKA PCRM), which claims to be a group of "Doctors and laypersons working together for compassionate and effective medical practice, research, and health promotion." Evidence from Activist Cash (http://www.activistcash.com/) shows that physicians make up only 5% of its membership, and that the group's only physicians represent less than 0.5% of America's doctors. They also want to abolish animal use in lifesaving research and try to promote (and extremely enforce) Veganism, going as far to suggest that meat, eggs, and dairy can be labeled as "Weapons of mass destruction". This is completely ridiculous and false. PETA also claims to help the animals, which is hypnotically because according to a July 26, 2000, Associated Press story, out of the 2,103 animals that PETA "rescued" during 1999, a whopping 1,325 of them were euthanized because they couldn't find homes and shelters for these animals. Considering PETA's yearly income of over $10,000,000, don't you think that they should have been able to build a few shelters? To add to their hypocrisy, PETA pledged after 9-11 not to do extreme campaigns, but recently cranked out the new "Terrorism at the Table" campaign, comparing turkey slaughter to terrorism, featuring a turkey holding up a supermarket urging them to go vegetarian. To add to the hypocrisy, PETA members have been seen eating meat/wearing leather and fur, and the celebrities supporting PETA in campaigns, have also supported what they were shown as against. To conclude, all we say is to think long and hard about this essay. You make the decisions, but your decision may affect the future, and whether PETA takes over and our freedoms and lifestyle become obsolete based on hearsay, and propaganda created to get some attention. The choice is yours. PETA, if you listen to us please stop the madness. You are hurting your cause, and your group. Stop the madness before it's too late.