|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
Table the HIV/AIDS Bill in the Indian Parliament
Petition Background (Preamble):
We note that the HIV/AIDS Bill, which was finalized by National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) in July 2006, continues to be pending with the government and has not been tabled in the Parliament till date.
Constant delay in bringing the Bill to Parliament is a cause of great concern.
1. Hold a meeting with the key stakeholders to discuss the future course of action of the HIV/AIDS Bill.
2. Share the latest draft of the HIV/AIDS Bill, which the Health Ministry has sent to the Law Ministry with all the important stakeholders.
3. Speed up the process of finalizing the HIV/AIDS Bill and ensure that the Bill is tabled in the Parliament immediately.
1. Anand Grover- Lawyers Collective
2. Ashok Row Kavi– Humsafar Trust
3. P.Koushalya- Positive Women Network
4. Ratan Singh- Manipur Network of Positive People
5. D.T.Thyagaraj-Karnataka Network of Positive People
6. G.Chandrashekhar Gowda-Swasthi
7. Pradeep Dutta-Nai Umang
8. Subhadip Roy-SAATHII
9. Surendra Yadav- Sankalp Rehabilitation Trust,
10. Kishore Ka Shaw- Bengal Network of Positive People
11. Dr. Mohamed Essa Rafique – India Competence
The Table the HIV/AIDS Bill in the Indian Parliament petition to National AIDS Control Organization & Government of India was written by Mohamed Essa Rafique and is in the category Health at GoPetition. Contact author here. Petition tags: india, hiv, aids, bill, parliament