|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
Stop Smartmeters in Victoria NOW
Petition Background (Preamble):
* to protection from hazards to their health and safety;
* to choose what is installed in their homes;
* to protection of their economic interests;
* to protection of their privacy;
* to access to adequate information to enable the right to making informed choices according to individual wishes and needs.
There are many concerns regarding smart meters including;
* health issues, including radiation;
* additional cost on households,
* the additional costs of time of use tariffs would impose on households;
* the accuracy of smart meters and the inability of households to check energy consumption levels;
* that installers of smart meters may not be appropriately qualified;
* individuals making it known that they did not want a smart meter installed at their property, or wanted their meter removed being totally disregarded
* problems with wiring, the possibility of fires developing and the loss of appliances following installation and consumers rights for replacement of their assets and appliances
* insurance concerns
* privacy of data collected and concerns over hacking of the system to name the main concerns
For more details on concerns and links to other sites go to stopsmartmeters.com.au and register your details to receive regular updates. More info also at www.stopsmartmeters.com.au
We look forward to your support and passing this to other Victorian Citizens concerned about their basic rights.
In addition we also call for the removal of any meters where the householder requests it due to an infringement of their rights.
The Stop Smartmeters in Victoria NOW petition to Minister for Energy & Resources - Hon. Michael O'Brien, MP was written by Di Bell and is in the category Human Rights at GoPetition. Contact author here. Petition tags: stopsmartmeters, smartmeters, haltsmartmeters, ami, power, health, rights, humanrights, fires