|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
The Stand for Change
Petition Background (Preamble):
1) That all Health Care Aids and Personal Support Workers should be regulated, organized and accountable.
2) That there be stricter screening of Personal Support Workers before enrollment in courses.
3) That all schools are providing proper education and training of Personal Support Workers. We need more quality, not just quantity.
4) That the practice of handing out Personal Support Worker certificates to keep Canada's unemployment rate down, be ceased.
5) That a much needed support group, to help Health Care Aids and Personal Support Workers deal with the many issues that face them every day, be established.
6) That a stronger network be built with employers, registered staff and the public, so we can enhance the lives of our seniors, eliminate seniors abuse and improve working conditions for front line workers.
The Government must recognize, Personal Support Workers are a very important part of the nursing team. Only then, can government truly say they care for our most vulnerable in our society.
The The Stand for Change petition to Personal Support Workers/Health Care Aids/Those in the care of PSWs was written by Ontario Personal Support Worker Association and is in the category Health at GoPetition. Contact author here. Petition tags: support, personal, workers, government, nursing, homes, canada, health, lives, seniors, personal support, support workers, care aids, health care, personal support workers, and personal support, health care aids