|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
For the Withdrawal of the Diocese of the Rio Grande from the Episcopal Church
Petition Background (Preamble):
All Christians, regardless of denomination and location, are welcome to sign this petition. Please pray for all of us during these difficult times.
***Please submit the name of your home church in one of the fields collected.**
Sources Consulted: www.americananglican.org, www.episcopalchurch.org, www.episcopal-dallas.org.
Quotations from http://www.americananglican.org/site/apps/nl/content2.asp?c=ikLUK3MJIpG&b=1631033&ct=2674353
Thank you for your time!
Certain heresies have taken hold in the Episcopal Church and have lead astray the hearts of many of its leaders.
These heresies include a denial of the authority of Holy Scripture, a rejection of Christ as the only way for sinners to receive salvation, moral relativism, the acceptance of homosexuality, and the extension of the definition of marriage to include same-sex unions.
At the General Convention 2006, Katharine Jefferts Schori, Bishop of Nevada, was elected the 26th Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church. On June 21, in her closing sermon at the General Convention 2006, she referred to Jesus as "mother Jesus." At the 2003 General Convention, she was among those who voted against Resolution B001, "which sought to affirm basic tenets of faith, including the authority of Holy Scripture." She also voted for the consecration of Gene Robinson, a man living in an adulterous and homosexual relationship, and is known for her support of same-sex unions.
Having detailed our reasons for leaving the Episcopal Church, we hereby wish to affirm the following:
- God sent his Son, Jesus Christ, to Earth in the form of a man. There he lived, preached, died for our sins, and rose again. Humans cannot receive salvation except through Him. All other paths are futile.
- We exclusively worship one God in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. These three make up what is known as the Holy Trinity.
- The Bible is, in its entirety, the Word of God. It not only details historical events but also provides for us instructions on how we should live and share our faith with others.
- God created Earth and all living things, in particular human beings. Evolution does not satisfactorily account for the world as it exists today.
- Christianity and homosexuality cannot be reconciled. The Bible's definition of marriage excludes marriage between peoples of the same sex. Sexual activity outside of marriage is a sin, regardless of whether it is homosexual or heterosexual.
- All humans have a sinful nature. God calls us to love all sinners but not to condone their sins. God forgives our sins. However, in accepting Christ as our Savior, we must reject sin.
If we, recognizing the growing corruption in the Episcopal Church, remain within that organization, how are we to evangelize or to teach our children without hanging our heads in shame? How are we to explain the situation and our subsequent inaction? How are we to guide new and young believers within a church that sends mixed messages about even the most fundamental Christian doctrines? By signing this petition, we request that the Diocese of the Rio Grande separate itself from the Episcopal Church.
"Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever?"
~ 2 Corinthians 6:14-15
The For the Withdrawal of the Diocese of the Rio Grande from the Episcopal Church petition to Diocese of the Rio Grande was written by Anonymous and is in the category Religion at GoPetition. Contact author here. Petition tags: church, episcopal, marriage, grande, diocese, christ, jesus, convention, americananglican, general, unions, bishop, voted, homosexual, cannot, bible, share, humans, earth, faith, living, affirm, receive, growing, corruption,