|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
Support Congressional and Senatorial Reform Act
Petition Background (Preamble):
The following is a reform demanded by the American People to be acted upon as a first order of business by our servants in the US Congress and US Senate and to be approved by the President of the United States of America. The pay rate for the average PFC in the American armed forces is approximately $22,000 a year. Overall the average American, age 25 or older, made roughly $32,000 per year. Politicians are our servants. However, as of January 2010 the annual salaries are as follows: Representative is $174,000. The Speaker of the House and the Majority and Minority Leaders earn more: $223,500 and $193,400 for their party leaders (the same as Senate leaders).
Serving in Congress and the Senate is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators. Congresspersons and Senators pay should reflect the average salaries of the average American.
We the American people demand the following changes be made immediately.
Information provided by wikipedia.com
1. Term Limits: 12 years only, one of the possible options below.
A. Two Six year Senate terms
B. Six Two year House terms
C. One Six year Senate term and three Two Year House terms
2. No Tenure / No Pension:
A Congressperson or Senator collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
3. All funds in the Congressional and Senatorial retirement funds moves to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system.
4. Congresspersons and Senators can purchase their own retirement plan just as all Americans.
5. Congresspersons and Senators will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will only rise by a populous vote.
6. Congresspersons and Senators lose their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people or participates in the current VA program.
7. Congresspersons and Senators must equally abide in all laws they impose on the American people.
8. All contracts with past and present Congresspersons and Senators are void effective 1/1/12.
9. Congressional and Senatorial pay will be commensurate with an average American salary. Overall the average American, age 25 or older, made roughly $32,000 per year.
The American people did not make this contract with Congress or the Senate, they made all these contracts for themselves.
Serving in Congress and the Senate is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators. Congresspersons and Senators pay should reflect the average salaries of the average American. We the American people demand the following changes be made.
The Support Congressional and Senatorial Reform Act petition to US Congress and US Senate and President of the United States was written by Vincent Szentadorjany and is in the category Law Reform at GoPetition. Contact author here. Petition tags: salaries, benefits, us congress, members