|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
End the Wars and Occupations of the Middle East
Petition Background (Preamble):
1. the financial resources available for use by governments at the local, county, state and federal levels in the United States are limited, and
2. an inordinate level of military expenditure is being made by the U.S. federal government for warfare in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan, and
3. the people of Bloomington-Normal, Illinois are collectively paying or becoming indebted for approximately X million dollars per year of their limited financial resources for such warfare which supplies no identified public benefits, and
4. this warfare creates great and unnecessary harm to the people of the nations of Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan and to U.S. military personnel and their families, and
5. the money spent on war is needed here at home, on jobs, education, health care, infrastructure repair, and other human needs.
We demand that Congress take strong and forceful action to influence the full U.S. House of Representatives to terminate funding of these military operations.
The End the Wars and Occupations of the Middle East petition to Members of the U.S. House of Representatives was written by Corey and is in the category International Affairs at GoPetition. Contact author here. Petition tags: peace, justice, anti-war